Welcome!

Welcome friends! It's so good to have you here! The purpose of my blog is to share with you God's word and events in my life. My purpose is to give God all the glory which is due to Him always. Hope you enjoy! -Brady

Monday, January 2, 2012

Mishaps

Howdy all! :)

Well, you know how I work at Alpha? Well you can't work somewhere like that and not get hurt.

No, I didn't break my neck. Good guess though! :P

Actually, I was doing a rush order and was making amazing time. The part is what we call a punch plate. What we do is cast the punch plates, then we have to grind off the extra metal from the parts. Now this particular part is very small. The dimensions are about 1/2 inch wide, 1 inch long, and 1/8 inch thick. Pretty tiny right. :P So We had an order for 8000 of these. So once I got my grinding technique for this particular part down, I was doing about 12 parts per minute. That's fast for such a small part.

But, with speed comes increased potential for mishap.

So I was down to the last 30 minutes of doing these parts, (that would be 12x30=360 parts) , When my part slipped and my hand directly hit the grinder. Ouch. It took a biggish chunk of skin off my right index finger/knuckle. (See pic)

So of course I had to stop and go tell Dan (Kevin's right hand man). So Dan and I went back to the break room and got it all cleaned up and bandaged. Then we did all the paperwork required for a mishap. After that was finally done, we went back out to the floor and repaired my gloves with duct-tape. Yes, I was wearing 2 layers of gloves and the grinder went right through both layers. So we got that all repaired, and I went back out to grind the last 360 parts. Thankfully I was able to continue my speed and finish the job on time.


It doesn't look that bad in this picture. Looks worse for real. :P

Anyway, thank you God for it not being as bad as it could be!!!

I love my hands.

Have fun! And STAY SAFE. Byes :)
   

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad it wasn't too bad too! Amen! The gift of hands is not to be taken for granted! I'm thankful for a hard working "little" brother! Praise the Lord for His provision of a job and protection while doing that job! May the Lord continue to bless you in your work, and keep His ever vigilant hand upon you. May you be a good witness of Him in your workplace!
    Love,
    Brytni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it wasn't any worse. Allen has a "mishap" with a router and the top of his index finger ~ resulting in a splintered bone, tetanus shot, and antibiotics for the infection that set in...it was NOT fun. This was about 7 years ago. Accidents do happen, Praise The Lord they aren't all serious!

    ReplyDelete